Saturday, August 1, 2009

Are Perms a good idea ?

I have typical Asian girl hair %26amp; It's like soo boring straight lols, I was wondering are perms a good idea ? How long do they last ? Are they easy to straighten ? My hair is really thick so I doubt it will fall out : )



Thank you for any answers. MUAHS*



Are Perms a good idea ?

Just stick your finger in light socket. (cksq)



Are Perms a good idea ?

no



Are Perms a good idea ?

no, perms went out with parachute pants in the '80s!!



Are Perms a good idea ?

it'll drop faster then you realise. i honestly as a hairdresser am against perms on anyone below the age of 60. i understand the frustration of having straight hair... but play around with colour.. that is one area where you can have fun and look different. straight hair looks beautiful with the right hair cut and right colour combinations and styles. try something different.



if you decide to get a perm though, it'll last a few weeks if youre lucky, and it will damage the condition of your hair.... you can straighten it easily, but if it's not going to last all that long, i wouldnt straighten it... enjoy it whilst it's curly.



Are Perms a good idea ?

Perms are permanent and stay in your hair until it grows out or you cut it off. You can straighten it with an iron, but why perm your hair if you want to straighten it? Straight hair is in right now, keep it that way until the styles change.



Are Perms a good idea ?

they are if you want it stay like that for along time. I got mine done and it is still like that



Are Perms a good idea ?

no, they dry out your hair



Are Perms a good idea ?

No!!! Perms are horrible!



Are Perms a good idea ?

Not really. The chemicals dry out your hair really badly. I would recommend highlights instead. (Not that it doesn't dry out your hair too, but it's not as bad)



Are Perms a good idea ?

no, I have 'typical asian girl' hair too, except its curly and wavy in places.



If you have staright hair, then maybe curl it with that one shampoo. Or get a unique haircut.



I play around wiht my hair all the time. I never let anybody else cut it. I 'll color it or streak it myslef as well. And I always love the way it looks.



Are Perms a good idea ?

Strategies for permed or straightened hair



A: It's good question, since perming and straightening can cause significant damage to hair. Follow these easy practices after your hair is processed to ensure it stays healthy.



閳?Hold off on styling or shampooing for a week after processing.



閳?Use a mild shampoo and the strongest conditioner you can without making your hair go limp.



閳?Wash your hair only as often as is absolutely necessary.



閳?Do a deep-conditioning treatment once a week, if possible.



閳?Minimise further damage by combing hair gently (especially when wet) and keeping heat-styling tools on low.



閳?A drop of silicone serum can help smooth down the hair cuticle and add a bit of shine. Only use small quantities to prevent build-up.



Are Perms a good idea ?

read more on haircare and styles that will help you on this site



Are Perms a good idea ?

i would not recommand it .. your hair will never be the same..



use a curling iron or rollers to style it when you feel like having curly hair..



you can do alot with straight hair more then when you have curly hair..



there are alot of styles ..for eg.. french braids. jamacan braids. pony tails. up do's .. puting it up in a bun..



you can buy many tie ups that are nice and elastics.. and even.. add some differnt colored hair add ons so its not permanent..



dont put a perm in your hair..



put your hair up in a bun .. buy the fake hair with curls clip it to your hair .. wala.. you got curly hair.. be creative..



have fun ..



Are Perms a good idea ?

I wish I had the asian hair. I have always found that kind of hair very very pretty. It is thick and has body to it. I want that kind of hair but with my blonde.



I have had 3 perms in my life. 2 when I was around 12 it changed the color of my hair. My hair was a platinum color when I got my first perm then it kind of went to a dirty blonde within the perming time. My mom cried. But I did like it. It gave me more body to my hair. I liked the color to because I don't have to dye my hair and I have the dirty blonde look with natural platinum highlights.



I am 25 now and I just got me another perm it has been about 14 yrs since I have had one and I like it. The only thing is the perm does dry it out a lot and you will have to condidtion it a lot more than you are probably use to. A brush is a no no. You will have to learn how to do your hair all over again. My hair is so straight that my perm will kind of fall out and it will just be wavy(which is what I want body not a curly curly perm). In normal circumstances with a perm straightining it after the perm will make it frizzy. this is because it is so dry from the perm. You will probably have to let this grow out untill it is straight again.



The reason I chose to get a perm is because my hair will not curl with a curling iron or rollers, it don't even give it body, I have tried everything, the hairstylist can't even get it to hold a curl for more than 15 min with rollers and so on. This perm is going to fall in a matter of days I just wanted some body.

No comments:

Post a Comment