Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo As

I'm only 16 %26amp; I'm just saving money because I wanna get it done when I'm 19 or 20. Before you make assumptions i'm not shallow or overly self-conscience. I think of my anticipated surgeries like getting braces, or putting collagen in your lips. It's just something I want to do for myself to make looking in the mirror more pleasent. Anyways, I consider myself to be good-looking overall, but I'd like a pointy "caucasian" nose I suppose instead of a flat, wide one, because it always looks wierd in pictures, %26amp; I don't think my nose fits my face. Also my forehead is huge. I got made fun of all throughout junior high because of it. It looks like an old man's receding hairline. Now I wear side-swept bangs all the time to cover up my forehead. As soon as I started wearing bangs, guys started to talk to me %26amp; everyone stopped making fun of me, but now I hate going swimming, and I refuse to wear my hair without my bangs, because I don't wanna look wierd again. Is surgery the wrong answer?



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

This might be long, but please bare with me.



My best friend and I are Asian. If you want to go into specifics, I'm Vietnamese and she's Chinese.



My best friend had a hard time accepting the way she looks. I can tell you that she is absolutely beautiful. The reason why she hates the way she looks, is because she didn't inherit the typical, delicate, features of an Asian woman. You know, big, soft eyes, peachy lips, black, straight hair, fair skin and a soft jaw line. She doesn't have any of these features and people do a double take whenever she says she's Chinese.



She used to tell me time and time again that I was so lucky because I do have the total package of an Asian woman. Don't get me wrong, I, like everybody else, have gone through many battles with my self-esteem.



Her self-esteem problem is slowly decreasing, and she has learned to accept what she's got. Her line is, "So what?" She is the only one I know who has a beautiful olive tone. Although she doesn't display the delicate features of a typical Asian woman, she displays these through her actions. She's smart, brave, funny, and ambitious.



I wouldn't say surgery is the wrong answer. I just believe you shouldn't "fix" yourself to satisfy someone else's image of beauty.



Surgery is a big thing.



It's NOT like getting your braces on. It's NOT like going in to get your tooth out. It's something that you will carry on with you for the rest of your life. If you do go through with it, it's a part of you.



I don't believe it's worth it. You give up thousands of dollars. But most of all, you give up a piece of yourself. Yes, you will get what you want, but to a great cost that doesn't come in the form of money.



Also, as you grow up (you do not stop growing when you're 19 or 20), things will change and you will have to visit the surgeon again. You will pay more money to fix it up, to give it a little more because it's failing.



How you changed your hairstyle, THAT'S how you beautify yourself, without having to undergo surgery. You try new, safe ways to compliment your features. You pick up make-up and style tricks from friends. Maybe you don't like how your nose looks now, but you're still growing. You're 16 and have a lot more years to grow into your look.



You hear stories about girls who "blossomed" after they were 18. Things take time and you should build tolerance. There's a reason you have these features. You're unique (corny .. I know!). Everyone has to live with what they got.



I know this sounds clich鑼? but good things come with time and effort.



I'm going to leave you with a quote that my cousin gave me when I had self-esteem problems:



"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes."



- Charles Swindoll



Take care sweetie.



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

i didn't bother reading all that...but you're saying you want to become white, correct? Report It



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

no. definitely get the surgery.



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

if you really feel ugly i guess it is your money



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

You have to just accept your self as who you are!!! wait until you're atleast 21, and are out of school to make such life changing decisions. I wouldn't get a nose job unless it really is f*cked up. just because you'd "like a pointy "caucasian" nose" Isn't a good enough reason. And don't forget the money issue, along with complications and what if something goes wrong and you want your nose back!! There's no turning back after surgery.



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

Surgery is only a drastic way to heal self confidence. Use it only as your last resort. I assume you're not white...and what's wrong with that? You should embrace rather than change who you are, and what culture you're from. I don't think getting your hairline lowered would be a problem. If you feel it is the right thing to do, then I would go for it. It's better than feeling bad your whole life. Why not talk to a close friend or family member and see what they have to say about it? Maybe they'll tell you you're being silly, and nothing is wrong with you. Maybe you're just critisising yourself too much! You should also talk to a doctor and talk to them about the procedures, what risks are involved, the costs...etc. But, it's your choice, do what you think is right. Good luck!



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

It's your life, so it's up to you to decide.



My advice though is to not get the surgery.



Caucasian people have caucasian noses.



I'm assuming your Asian. We all get a dice roll on how we look. And we all wish we could change things about ourselves.



I'd say wait though until your older to decide..even older than 20. As we get older our looks change. You may find that the things about you that you found were ugly may turn into attributes that other people find amazing...including yourself.



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

Life is too short for being ugly. Well if i was you i would do the same, but try to keep it natural as you can.



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

Think about it a long time and be sure to research a bit before you go into surgery. Find a good cosmetic surgeon, look at their before %26amp; after pictures...my friend was 17 when she got an Asian rhinoplasty and she was very happy with the results. Her self-esteem problems mostly disappeared. I'm not saying that you should definitely get it, because I don't know what's right for you, but make sure you think about it.



About surgically lowering you hairline, surgery is not the wrong answer if it's getting to the point where you can't live without bangs or enjoy other things you want to do (swimming). I mean, how can a person be free and have fun when they are constantly worrying about something?



I'm thinking about getting my hairline surgically lowered, and I'd also like to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.

It is just something you have to think about as an option. Of course it is best to just love yourself the way you are. But if there is something that bothers you ever day and in every picture you take then maybe surgery is an option for you. I'm 23 and my nose bothered me since I was probably 11. So I finally decided to "fix it" and have a nose job...and I'm SO glad that I did. I love my improved nose. Just make sure you get a great doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment