Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eye colors?

What eye color do you think would look best on me? I don't know if I should put my pic up on here.. but if you need it, I will. My eyes are a very dark brown. They look black though. My hair is black. And I'm Asian. And my skintone is.. idk, like the typical Chinese skin tone lol. But I'm getting color contacts, so what do you think would look best? Or do you think I should just stick with my original eye color?



Eye colors?

Hey! You go girl! You have the right to do anything you want with your looks...my favorite lines to ignoramuses: I wasn't thinking of you when I colored my hair/put on my contacts! I do not let my ethnicity limit what I do with my looks! (I'm Asian,too) If you don't like my hair color/colored contacts, try not to look at me so much, then your eyes won't hurt. I have dark brown hair, light brown eyes and fair skin. I can wear ANY color of contacts and so can YOU! The only trick is to find NATURAL looking well-made colored contacts! You cannot go wrong with Natural Touch, Bausch%26amp;Lomb's Natural Colors, and Solotica's Hidrocor, Hidrocharme, and Natural Colors. Google those and you will find places to buy them! Stay away from Freshlooks...very few people look good in them..it's because they always put a lighter color by the pupil hole and it makes you look bug-eyed like your eyeball is popping out. Be careful with those "Big Eyes" contacts...some of them make you look like an alien! Pick colors that exist in real eyes! No bright flourescent colors! Also, make sure brown and hazel lenses don't have any red or orange in them...Natural Touch has the best Hazel..it looks so real! I also wear the Baby Blue and Sultry Gray and get many compliments! Lenses like the Bausch%26amp;Lomb Natural Colors and the Solotica line have smaller pupil holes for an even more natural and believable look! Go on the colored contact lens forums and check out other Asians with your coloring wearing different colors and brands. These websites help me when I go lens shopping! An ethnic person bleaching/dying their hair and/or wearing colored contacts has CONFIDENCE and GUTS! It is NOT a sign of insecurity or a wish to be another race! Old-fashioned, narrow-minded, racist, and backwards people are the only ones who ever make negative comments. The next time anyone tells me to not wear colored contacts...I will tell them.."Tell White people they can't tan and Black people to stop straightening and curling their hair, THEN tell me I can't wear colored contacts or color/bleach my hair! Go buy any colors you want and ROCK ON! : )



Eye colors?

stick with your originals



Eye colors?

I have a similar look to you, I'm Asian too, and also have brown dark brown eyes. I think that honey, or hazel is the best color for our color and skin tones. I hope that helps.



Eye colors?

your natural eye colour will be the best



Eye colors?

Are you seriously so insecure that you even have to change your eye color?



Fake contacts look fake. None of them look good. Just deal with your real eye color.



Eye colors?

dark brown makes you look exotics, but i would get just a bit lighter. not like hazel bcuz it would look too fake, get a regular brown, just a one or a couple shades lighter than your regular eye color and itll make a big difference with out you looking fake. subtly



Eye colors?

grey usually works well with minorities. i'm middle-eastern, and have dark brown hair and black eyes; i tried grey contacts and they looked very natural on me. since i have black eyes, and grey is just like... a lighter shade! i've seen asians and black people with grey contacts and it's really nice.



or upload your picture on freshlookcontacts.com and you can try out the different colors on your eyes. it shows REALLY good how you'll look with certain colors.



Eye colors?

Check out lenses on this forum. Solitcas are a beautiful brand



http://tezarin.proboards100.com



Eye colors?

i love dark colored eyes.... i think you should just stick with your natural eye color.



Eye colors?

green will look cute..



I have dark hair and green eyes..its my natural color..but it will look good on you as well since you have dark color hair



Eye colors?

Definately not blue. I had an asian friend in high school that tried to make his eyes very very blue. His natural color was so dark that you only saw a very thin teal-ish tinge around his dark eyes-it looked very strange and unnatural. Try anything that might appear natural, just stay away from the blue!



Eye colors?

Get like a nice warm natural brown because if you are asian its gonna easy to tell if they're fake if you have blue eyes and the rest of you is a traditional chinese/asian look. . . so a warm light-med brown would prolly be natural looking but if you really want to stand out get green contacts! I love green eyes cause hair and eye color is usually related this is USUALLY how it is I think



Blonde-blue eyes/brown eyes



Brunette-brown/blue eyes



Black-brown eyes



Red head- brown/blue(depending on the shade/vibrancy of red)



Green eyes is unique and isn't a traditional color with any of them except maybe blonde so IF you really want to be different and make a statement get green other wise a light-medium brown would be a nice, yet still natural change!



Eye colors?

try blue, you'd look like the chick off of memoirs of a geisha. sweet.



Eye colors?

green would be beautiful



Eye colors?

I laughed at the comment about brown eyes being exotic. They're anything but, to be honest. But that doesn't mean they're less attractive, they're simply very common. Still pretty or ugly, depending on the person.



I'm part Chinese, myself and there are a lot of ethnic groups in the country with many skin tones. So I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm going to guess that you're pretty pale with a slight olive undertone, because that's the general stereotype.



With that being said, yes you can do what you want with your eyes. I think the most realistic and natural looking color you could get away with (besides the obvious dark brown) would be a warm, amber shade of brown with a bit of yellow or orange in it. There are many brands of contacts that have really good quality contacts with natural variations found in many people's eyes. Warm brown would make a good gradient with whiter skin and black hair, I think. All while looking like you really could have that color. Otherwise, black/brown eyes are best for Asian people, I think. Of course, full-blooded Asian people get colored eyes every now and then but it's incredibly rare and people will harass you for it and it won't look natural. I have a Japanese friend who naturally has grey eyes... just out of nowhere, generations of pure Japanese in the family. And he wears brown contacts or he gets bothered... not so much by strangers, as he does by his own family and family friends. Sad.



And for the record... to the commenter above me... I have always been under the impression that a lighter skinned person of any ethnic group contained a few people who tried to tan, back when it was a fad. It's over now, pale is definitely the new "thing", it seems. Which is great, because now people won't be hurting themselves to get those tans. But it was all about class/status/money. Being tan when you're not in the winter normally... shows that you have the money to vacation in places with plenty of sun. It was never about Black people. I thought this was common knowledge, but I'm not sure, now. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment