Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How do I hold a curl?

I'm going to homecoming and was planning to do my hair myself. The thing is I want my hairup in a half pony with curls. My hair never holds are curl more ethne a hour I was wondering how to keep it what products work?



I have straight hair, and I'm asian.



thanks!



How do I hold a curl?

Hints for hair updo styles:



- Flat iron helps in getting the ends of your hair into a soft curve. This glossy look is ideal for working into twisted knots and buns.



- Hot rollers and curling irons used along with hair spray can give you firm curls, which can be worked well with curled hair updo styles.



- You can roll damp hair onto rollers and try out different styles.



- Do not overdo the hair spray with your formal hair updo as it will make it appear stiff and unnatural.



- Ensure that your hairstyle updos are firmly secured with pins, long straight pins and combs



If you are venturing to try out your hair style updo at home, take note of the essentials that you need to be equipped with:



- Rollers of different sizes depending on the curls you desire



- Curling iron



- Styling mist or hairspray



- Tail comb for partitioning and sectioning the hair



- Decorations - a flower, hair decorations like beads, tiara or glamorous pins



Extra Homecoming Updo Tips:



The face shape determines the kind of hairstyle updo you can select. Of course, a lot also depends on the type of hair. Oval faces look beautiful with braided hairstyle updos and a variety of styles. Round faces go well with formal updo hairstyles that add volume at the top. Do not let your updo hairstyle give you a severe look. Let a few stray tendrils escape on the side to lend a softer look. You can also get a few ringlets down the jaw. Work with hair partings based on the face shape. Use volume shampoo if you have very fine hair.



This will give bounce to the hair, which will work best for fine and medium texture hair. Blow drying the hair prior to setting up the updo hairstyle would also help. Very thick hair may need to be relaxed to achieve a sleek and formal updo hairstyle. Very short hair may need hair extensions for elaborate and formal hair updos. Always try on your prom updo a few days earlier so that you are comfortable with it. Consult your hair stylist in advance so that you won't be disappointed for an appointment just before your homecoming night.



How do I hold a curl?

some bobby pins here and there.. and tresume hair spray



How do I hold a curl?

Well, Asian hair usually don't hold curl that well due to its rigid structure. But you can try smller curler or higher setting for curling iron. Spray generously amount of hair spray also works, but makesure they don't make hair soggy.



How do I hold a curl?

tell me when you find out



How do I hold a curl?

curling iron and tons of hair spray.



How do I hold a curl?

To get this type of hair to curl, I use a small curling iron (professional one that gets very hot) or hot sticks (bendable rollers that get extremely hot) spray hair spray lightly all over then each section (SMALL sections) I spray with hair spray or a product called HotSets by Redken, curl sections vertical not straight across like up and down, it tends to fall out quicker, dont brush hair after u finish curling it, just run ur fingers thru it, then spray spray spray! one of my faves is by vavoom , another one is BigSexy , use an aerosol spray not pump, aerosol dries faster, the pump sprays tend to take longer to dry and can make curl looser, then finish off with a spray shine so it catches the light.



How do I hold a curl?

You should buy Frizzease from John Frieda....It works REALLY GOOD! It keeps it from frizzing and it helps it hold well.

No comments:

Post a Comment